Removal Terms and Conditions:
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAN BE ADJUSTED WITHIN REASON WITH THE AGREEMENT OF BOTH THE CLIENT AND UK RAPID REMOVALS. PLEASE NOTIFY US AT THE TIME OF BOOKING IF YOU WISH TO MAKE ANY CHANGES.
By confirming a booking with UK Rapid Removals, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions. Where we use the pronoun ‘You’ or ‘Yours’ we are referring to the client. ‘We’, ‘Us’ or ‘Our’ refers to UK Rapid Removals.
1. The Quote
Unless stated otherwise, the quote is a fixed price and does not include materials, storage, custom duties or any other fees whatsoever. We may increase or decrease the price if any of the following have not been taken into account at the time of booking:
- You do not accept the quote, in writing, within 28 days with a date in place for the removal (the date can be changed) confirmed by us in writing.
- We have to collect or deliver goods to floors higher than those agreed, in writing, at the time of the booking.
- Inadequate access, meaning we cannot park within 10 metres of your doorway, unless you have notified us of this at the time of booking.
- Breakdown of lifts which were working at the time of quoting.
- Any parking charges or parking fines that we have to pay in order to carry out services on your behalf.
- Assembling or reassembling of flat packed furniture, or anything that we did not dismantle.
In the above situations, the price will be adjusted accordingly.
2. Work excluded from the quote:
Unless agreed by us in writing, we will not:
- Disconnect or reconnect appliances, fixtures, fittings or electrical equipment.
- Move items from a loft unless it is well illuminated with safe access.
- Dismantle and reassemble items, unless stated in your quote.
3. Our responsibility
- It will be our responsibility to deliver your goods to you undamaged. This means that we will deliver or produce the goods to you in the condition they were in at the time of packing or made ready for transportation.
- It will be our responsibility to carry out a pre-assessment of the condition of your hard furniture that we will record on our inventory list.
4. Your responsibility
- It will be your responsibility to declare any highly valuable items or make us aware of anything highly sentimental, including those items packed in boxes by you..
- It will be your responsibility to label boxes and inform us of which boxes contain fragile, sentimental or highly valuable items.
- It will be your responsibility to box your clothes, if packing for yourself. We sell garment boxes but do not provide rails or temporary wardrobes. We will therefore not accept rails with clothes uncovered in our vehicles.
- It will be your responsibility to inform us of any pre-existing damages to furniture.
- You must obtain all paperwork (licences, permits etc.) necessary for the removal.
- You or a family member must be present throughout the whole removal.
- You must empty, defrost completely and clean refrigerators and freezers. We are not responsible for the contents.
- Please provide us with a correspondence address.
- You must declare that all goods to be removed are your own property or you have the permission to move goods that are not your property.
- If you pack your own belongings, it is your responsibility to ensure you have done so properly, ensuring all glass has been protected and all liquids secured.
Other than by reason of our own negligence, we will not be held liable for costs that may arise from any of the above.
5. Goods excluded from removal contracts:
The following items are excluded from our contracts:
- Jewellery, watches, precious stones/metals and money.
- Items which have potential to damage, explode or be dangerous, including but not limited to, gas bottles and paints.
- Motorbikes / motorbike accessories.
- Anything containing petrol or diesel.
- Prohibited or stolen goods.
- Food or drink which is refrigerated or frozen.
- Pets or animals, including fish and birds.
Any of the above items will not be moved by us unless we agree to do so in writing before the removal commences. If these goods are removed without our knowledge or agreement, we will not accept liability for loss or damages caused by such items.
6. Initial Deposit
A 25% deposit is required for all jobs, which will secure your removal date. The deposit should reach us the next working day (including Saturday) after the quote is accepted and agreed upon.
7. Paying for the removal
Unless agreed otherwise
- Payments are to be made by bank transfer, debit card, cash, or cheque backed by a bank-guaranteed card. In all cases, we require cleared funds in our bank account once the job has been completed and before we leave.
- You may not withhold any part of the agreed price.
8. Changes to dates/cancellations
- We request that you give us at least 5 working days’ notice if you need to change your removal date. If this is not possible and you just need to change the date, we will work with you to try to accommodate your new date.
- On the occasion that we cannot accommodate your new moving date due to lack of availability, we will refund your deposit in full.
- On the occasion that you wish to cancel/withdraw from this contract without providing us with 3 working days notice (Mon-Sat) we will keep your deposit.
9. Our liability for loss or damages
- If we fail to produce or deliver your goods in the same condition they were in at the time of packing or loading, and therefore we breach clause 3, our liability to you will be determined by clause 10. Any damages are subject to pre-assessment of the condition of your furniture that we complete before moving your goods, which is agreed by both UK Rapid Removals and the client.
- On the occasion that the damage is minor or of a reasonable value, we are entitled to reimburse you the cost or replace the item without making an insurance claim.
- Unless the invoice is paid in full, we will not process any claims.
10. Insurance for goods in transit
Any damages that occur during the removal and any breaches of clause 3 are covered by our goods in transit policy. Each vehicle is covered for up to £20,000 worth of inventory, with the maximum cover not exceeding £50,000. In the event of loss or damages to your goods our liability will be determined by:
- The cost of repair or replacement at the time, taking into consideration the age and condition.
11. Exclusions to our liability
We will not be liable for any loss, damages or failure to produce the goods if caused by:
- Fire or explosion unless caused by our negligence.
- Leakages of goods that were not packed by us.
- Goods that are not packed by ourselves, if not packaged properly by the customer, including those in wardrobes, wardrobe boxes, cardboard boxes,unless proven that damage has occurred due to our negligence.
- Any goods already proven damaged in the pre-assessment.
- Plants or goods likely to encourage moth vermin or other pests or to cause infestation or contamination.
- No single employee of UK Rapid Removals will be held liable for any damages, losses or errors.
12. Packing of cardboard boxes
If you have hired us for a packing service, it will be our responsibility to:
- Use adequate materials, including the individual wrapping of fragile and sentimental items.
- Put everything that fits into a box, inside a box.
- Wrap all screens with protective wrapping.
- Close and seal all cardboard boxes securely and not over-pack single boxes.
- Wrap all glass with protective materials, including but not limited to mirrors.
If you have packed the boxes yourselves, it is your responsibility to:
- Use adequate materials and wrap fragile/sentimental items individually.
- Label each box and inform us of the boxes that contain fragile/sentimental contents.
- Box all clothing in either a cardboard box or wardrobe box.
- Do not pack goods mentioned in clause 5 inside cardboard boxes.
13. Time limit for claims
All claims must be raised within 7 days of the completion of the removal.
14. Delays in transit
- Other than by reason of our negligence or breach of contract, we will not be liable for delays in transit.
- If through no fault other than ours we are unable to deliver your goods, we will store them.
15. Our right to sub-contract work
We have the right to sub-contract some or all of the work. In those instances, these terms and conditions will still apply.
16. Damage to property other than the goods
- For property other than those goods submitted for removal/storage, we will only be held liable for damage where it can be proven that we have been negligent.
- If we advise against moving certain goods as it will inevitably cause damage but you insist we do so and damage is caused, we will not be held responsible.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our clients say
Moving home is a stressful process, but right from the start this company put me at ease. It was a last minute booking, but Daisy and Jodie made the process easy. On the day Daniel, Josh and Shannon were amazing, not once grumbling or complaining about any items (even some of the awkward plant pots we were taking!) and ensured the items were loaded in such a way to minimise any damage. They were also respectful of the new property, either laying sheets down to walk on or taking their shoes off at the door. Not that I’m planning to move for a very long time now, but would definitely use this company again and would recommend to anyone looking for a removal firm.
We were incredibly impressed with Rapid Removals : from the initial phone calls to the visit by Daisy to assess how much stuff we had (a lot!) to the actual moving day itself last autumn. All the removal men were very professional, courteous and careful with our belongings and made sure that everything was as we wanted it before they left.
These guys were AMAZING. They made our whole move so stress free and easy. We were so worried as we were on a top floor flat and had lots of stuff but all the guys made the process seamless. We’d recommend these guys to everyone!! Thanks so much xxx
The help packing was very good and took a lot off my shoulders. I was also impressed by the move itself , getting myself and my containers to my new flat and the speed of stowing and then at other end unloading
I found all the staff very friendly and helpful
I would absolutely recommend this company. So polite, very friendly, they don’t call themselves rapid for no reason. Ha! Absolutely amazing experience with you guys. They offer a range of helpful services and are very efficient. Also took extra care of my things. Thank you for EVERYTHING! Very much appreciated. 💛
Definitely 5 stars!! Communication from the start was concise with Jazz and Daisy constantly keeping me updated with costs and availability as my move date kept changing. The team of Daniel, Shannon, Steven and Ashley arrived on time and they were so professional and friendly and even wrapped several items that I had not included. I had dreaded getting a sofa out as it was awkward but it was not a problem for them they moved it no time. I have already booked them for another move later this year. Moving is such a stressful affair but they helped me so much it was one less thing to worry about! Thanks team you were brilliant!
Due to a kitchen refit we moved long stored items from our garage to a local storage facility. After prompt and helpful communication by mainly WhatsApp the items were moved without fuss by a pleasant young man who clearly knew what he was doing. Arrived with a clean Luton van promptly and was knowledgeable about the storage facility which helped. Seemed to make quick and light work of carefully stacking our items. Would recommend.
Used UK Rapid Removals for our move to Edinburgh. Throughout the quote and booking process the communication was frequent, considerate and helpful. The guys doing the move on the day were professional, diligent and keen to make sure items were left where they should be. Have absolutely no complaint about the service in any part of the process and really appreciate the stress it alleviated. Would definitely recommend.
Dan and the guys were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble, they were careful, considerate, and made the move a lot less stressful than I thought it would be. The price was reasonable and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anybody.
Helped me move items to a storage unit in the next town. Slightly dear but for that two fantastic lads did absolutely everything, with a cheerful smile and really took care of the items as well. Even gave them a tip at the end, will definitely use again.
This company went above and beyond from the first point of communication with Jodie right up until the last box was lifted off the van! I did not lift a finger they moved absolutely everything including my tv aerial! Hahahaha. So polite so friendly even took their shoes off as without me asking. Would definitely recommend them. Brilliant company and good value for money. Thanks again.
I just wanted to say a massive thank you to you and the team for such a smooth move. It’s the first time we’ve used a removal company and I must say, it was an enjoyable experience. You and your team took all the normal stress out of the day and were really professional, good humoured and worked so hard. Not one thing damaged!! And you packed us all up and got us in our new house by 2pm. Pretty impressive.
Thank you again. Will definitely be recommended you.
We used UK Rapid Removals for our house move on 06/01/23. They were very professional and friendly. We were really impressed with the service they provided us and would highly recommend them.
We were moving my father’s belongings etc due to him passing away. These guys were so respectful of our situation. They made an extremely upsetting day so easy and I would recommend this company for their professionalism and sensitive way the two guys dealt with everything. I cannot recommend this company highly enough. On time quick and very polite. Thank you so much Noel and staff.
Rapid Removals were brilliant, Daisy and Jazz in the office were very responsive and helpful. Dan, Josh, Ash and Shann were efficient, professional and lovely when packing and moving all of our stuff. Would absolutely recommend to anyone looking to move.